NetGalley

Reviews Published

Thursday, June 01, 2006

citymix

My favourite magazine at the moment is not the intelligent fun South African magazine Femina. It’s not the super-useful Writing News from the UK. It’s our local monthly of the “what to do in Auckland in June” ilk.

Yes, the articles are interesting and the reviews helpful and I like the news about new cafés and restaurants. But the readers’ freebies are the real reason I make sure I don’t miss a single issue.

In the last year, we attended free movie previews three times (on the second occasion, we were given gourmet snacks, wine and more wine to take home with a DVD). I also won two tickets to the Opera, a booklet of discount vouchers and a double movie pass.

And that is how citymix gets my vote. If only the editors offered to babysit for us, too...

No comments: