NetGalley

Reviews Published

Thursday, December 03, 2009

True Blood, continued

I really don't get the current vampire craze. Blood is gross, and while "living forever" seems like a plan, vampires are dead, right, so they are more like "being dead forever", which is no big deal when you stop to think about it.

Anne Rice? The witch series yes, the vampire series - eh.

"Twilight?" Can't comment, I'm afraid. Haven't read it, haven't seen it. I mean, just like the Harry Potter argument, it's good to see people on the bus or in a coffee shop with a big fat book, so I guess it's a good thing in the greater scheme of things.

Which brings me to True Blood, the TV series. In May, I was two episodes into it and not sure whether I'd be watching more. The uncertainty continued as I watched episode three, then four... I'm now on Season 2 Episode 3 and I like the series well enough to watch the next instalment, but I'm still not committed one way or the other. :-)

3 comments:

Mynhard said...

I'm addicted to True Blood, but then I've been fascinated by vampires since long before I read the first Anne Rice (the quality of her writing varies enormously - some are excellent, some are OK, but some are terrible). I've read a great number of variations on the theme (currently enjoying The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova). In spite of that, there's something about Twilight that has put me off reading or watching it thus far: way too much hype.

Yvonne Eve Walus said...

Ok, episode 4, season 2 of True Blood was the first one that I really enjoyed, and that's because they didn't show any blood....

Yvonne Eve Walus said...

BTW, you're forgetting Elisabeth Knox....