NetGalley

Reviews Published

Wednesday, May 29, 2024

How AI made my book trailer

 I confess, I've been a bit slow to board the AI train. Mostly because I'd rather write science fiction stories about it than actually use it. And also because I don't want to put creative people out of jobs. Still, curiosity won in the end, and so here is my first ever AI-generated book trailer for "The Wrong Girl".

Some observations:

  • At first glance, wow, so impressive. I tell the free program/site invideo to make me a book trailer for a domestic thriller in which a teenager and her mother are on the run, and a mysterious near-death at a boarding school in a New Zealand seaside school, and it does.
  • I get an opportunity to edit it. The script changes are easy, and when I ask for the voice to speak slower, it does.
  • However, when I ask for a few clips to be replaced with something else, it struggled. Replaced the wrong clip. The replacement wasn't as specified (I'm guessing their library is limited).
  • I have the option to pay to remove watermarks and for high definition, but I don't. It's just a bit of fun, not a marketing tool.
What do you think?



(You can read more about "The Wrong Girl" here.)




No comments: