NetGalley

Reviews Published

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Seventh Circle - Interview with Felicity Heaton


Dark, sensual and fast-paced, Seventh Circle by F.E. Heaton is a story of forbidden love so strong that it will save the world.

Born with strange powers similar to a vampire's, Lilith has spent her life hunting demons for Section Seven. Now, on the very same night that she watches a vampire kill her best friend, she's faced with her worse nightmare.

A client who is not only attractive, but a vampire.

Lincoln, a powerful pure blood vampire, has a problem. The prophecy he's caught up in is coming to pass and his only chance of survival is relying on those he hates most–vampire hunters. It has been foretold that one will save him, a female hunter, and when he meets her, the attraction he feels is both instantaneous and forbidden.

Their mutual attraction becomes difficult to deny as they work to unravel the mystery of a contract between Lincoln's lord and the Devil. The barriers around their hearts fall, but is there only pain ahead of them? With Lincoln's life on the line, can Lilith find the strength to protect him and embrace a side of herself that she wished didn't exist? Can Lincoln overcome his fear in order to save Lilith even if it means parting from her forever? What price will they pay to be together?


Yvonne: Welcome to my blog, Felicity. Your book sounds exactly like something my husband would like for Christmas, so I'm glad to have that sorted, lol! Now, please tell us one grabbing fact about yourself.


Felicity: Grabbing fact – I start every week day by writing for an hour, at 6:55am!

Yvonne: My brain doesn't even operate at 6:55 a.a.! Right then. You meet Donald Maass in an elevator at a writer's conference. You have from floor 1 to floor 5 to tell him about your book and why he should represent you.


Felicity: Forbidden love, demons, the Devil, God, the very circles of Hell and the end of the world combined with a sexy dark vampire hero and sassy strong heroine to make a novel so compelling you won’t be able to put it down until you’ve turned the last page. It’s everything a paranormal romance reader hungers for in a story and so much more. Guaranteed to make their hearts beat double time, have them on the edge of the seat, and leave them feeling perfectly warm and satisfied.

If he won’t read it after that, then he doesn’t know what’s good for him.


Yvonne: You bet! Can we have the first paragraph of the book?


Felicity: Well, it’s actually just one word, so I’ll give you the first few lines.

Blood.

No matter where she looked, Lilith couldn’t escape it. It spotted his face and arched over his jaw from the wound on his throat. It seeped into his damp blond hair, darkening the whole side of his head. Turning away, she swallowed her desire to be sick and stared at the ground. Crimson coated the grass until it glistened under the harsh sodium streetlight on the cemetery path. The acrid smell thickened the air, filled her nostrils and choked her lungs. Cold stole through her, rising up from her knees where they pressed into the wet dirt close to his body, chilling her as it swept towards her soul.


Yvonne: Why did you write the book?


Felicity: The story is part of my Vampires Realm series about the seven pure bloodlines of Europe. I have several more novels planned in the series. I wrote it next because the storyline really grabbed me and I wanted to get to know the characters better and see it all play out. Lincoln is a powerful sexy but dark hero and Lilith is a strong determined but very human heroine. I think their story of forbidden love is a beautiful one because it’s so strong that it actually saves the world.


Yvonne: 3 reasons your book will make a great Christmas present (for people other than my husband).

Felicity: It depends on the person receiving it really. If they love paranormal romance/urban fantasy and like to read ebooks, then it would be perfect for them. To boil it down into three reasons... It has a hero and heroine to die for, is a compelling read that they won’t be able to put down, and they’ll love you for it.


Yvonne: Imagine your book has made it to Hollywood. Which actors would you like to play your hero / heroine? Which director would you just love or hate to get?

Felicity: I’d really want unknowns to play the parts, or at least up and coming actors. I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head because I just can’t picture anyone who would be perfect to play the hero and heroine. I’d really want to be involved in casting and writing the script. That would be fabulous! For a director, I would love to get someone like Ridley Scott, Len Wiseman or Tim Burton. I think all three of them would have a different take on the visual side of the movie, but all of them would do a great job. Of course, if I could somehow combine all three that would be utterly amazing. I’d love to see something with the gothic darkness and imagination of Tim Burton, the beautiful fight scenes and strength of Ridley Scott, and the flair of Len Wiseman.


Yvonne: And now 5 short facts about yourself as a writer and person.

Felicity: Okay then.

I compulsively write – as in, if I don’t write, I get real grumpy. My husband is a very understanding man and I’m fortunate to have a laptop and a long train journey to and from work!

I’m learning Japanese – although I have to admit that sometimes it’s very hard for me to stick to my learning schedule because I want to write.

I’m very creative – I have a degree in graphic design and love to draw. It’s a wonderful outlet and I find it very relaxing. At the moment I mostly draw manga versions of my characters.

I love to world build – when I’m writing I love nothing more than having the chance to build a whole world for it and to work twists and turns into the plot. I get great satisfaction from weaving an intricate plot. I think it really adds to a story.

I’m British – which means that I can’t take compliments, I don’t think anything I do is very good, and I have a very dry, ironic and sarcastic sense of humour. Besides those few pitfalls, I love being British and wouldn’t change it for the world (which is why my stories are always written in Queen’s English, not American English, and why I love setting my stories over this side of the pond)


Yvonne: My South African murder mysteries are also written in British English, even though they are published by an American publisher (Echelon Press). Thank you for being with us today, Felicity, and I hope you have lots of sales! Here is the book information:

Title: Seventh Circle
Author: F E Heaton

Publisher: Alinar Publishing

Format: ebook


Genre: Paranormal romance

Length: 441 pages

Price: $4.99

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great excerpt looking to buy the book after xmas