NetGalley

Reviews Published

Sunday, June 07, 2015

Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 into a Billion Dollar Business

Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 into a Billion Dollar Business by Barbara Corcoran is a humorous biography of a woman who had 9 siblings and always got peanut butter with grape jelly sandwiches for lunch. I loved the author’s voice, and while I’m too risk-averse to ever start my own business, I couldn’t put the book down.

Blurb:

The inspiring true story of Shark Tank star --and her best advice for anyone starting a business. After failing at twenty-two jobs, Barbara Corcoran borrowed $1,000 from a boyfriend, quit her job as a diner waitress, and started a tiny real estate office in New York City. Using the unconventional lessons she learned from her homemaker mom, she gradually built it into a $6 billion dollar business. Now Barbara's even more famous for the no-nonsense wisdom she offers to entrepreneurs on Shark Tank, ABC's hit reality TV show.


No comments: