NetGalley

Reviews Published

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Up to date with the Twilight movies

I'm probably the only novelist in the Western world who hasn't read the Twilight series.
  • Because vampires are not my thing.
  • Because werewolves are not my thing.
  • Because I'm wary of runaway bestsellers based on a dream.
However, I've recently sat through all three movies, and I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely watchable and without the cheesy dialogue I was led to expect. Vampires that shine are only marginally more my thing than vampires with gory mouths a la True Blood, but the main actress is mega cute and I'm in love with Jacob (both as a character and because of what he looks like without his shirt on).

I'm told the movies beat the Hot Tub Time Machine (I haven't see it so can't comment)....

No comments: