NetGalley

Reviews Published

Friday, March 26, 2010

I can write better than Agatha Christie!!!



I started reading Agatha Christie's books when I was 10, and it's been my dream to write like her ever since. Every single book of hers was a bestseller, and she still ties with Will Shakespeare for the title of Author Who Sold The Most Books (and no, J.K. Rowling doesn't come close).

So imagine my surprise when, listening to the audio book version of "Elephants don't forget", I found myself mentally red-pencilling all the echo words and fact-repetitions. While the puzzle itself is sound enough, the writing could have done with a good full edit. Certainly my two murder mystery cozies, Murder @ Play and Murder @ Work, read heaps better than "Elephants don't forget".

OK, so perhaps a fairer test would have been pitching myself against "A Murder Is Announced" or "And then there were none"... but I'll leave that to my readers. :-)


No comments: