NetGalley

Reviews Published

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Another week has flown by...

I can't believe another week has gone by... and the only thing I've read are research-related books. TV-wise I'm no better: one Big Bang Theory and about 100 Flintstones/Jetsons episodes. Ho hum. Am I turning into an all-work-and-no-play Jill?

A poem I wrote a few weeks ago aptly reflects my current mood:

insignia of a modern mother

the focus - always outwards

lingerie - prim, black or beige or white

perfume - pumpkin soup

ambitions - forgotten

therapy - needed

time for therapy - null

2 comments:

Jane Kennedy Sutton said...

Enjoyed the poem. Hope you have a little more time to yourself in the upcoming weeks.

Yvonne Eve Walus said...

Thank you, it's been a good week so far, and tonight we're going out to dinner as a family. :-)