NetGalley

Reviews Published

Friday, March 23, 2012

The Surgeon and The Apprentice

By now you all know I'm a great fan of Tess Gerritsen's medical thrillers. What you probably don't realise is that this month was the first time I read the earliest two books in the Rizzoli/Isles series, The Surgeon and The Apprentice.

Yes, I was chicken. Yes, I was put off by the Jack-The-Ripper comparisons and the idea of surgery performed on awake victims. But you know what? The greatest fear is the fear itself. Once I've read the books, they weren't quite as awful as I'd imagined, which only goes to show that there's no horror house as bad as the inside of your own over-active mind.

Having read the later books first, I have the foresight of knowing how Jane's character develops into a more confident cop and woman. It's a treat to read the series in this order.

No comments: