In the cyber studio today, we're hosting an award-winning writer, Shobhan Bantwal, whose book "THE SARI SHOP WIDOW" is #2 on the best seller list (Kindle version).
- Shobhan, you have an unusual name - if you Google it, your author page comes up as number 1. What does your name mean and how to you pronounce it?
My name is unusual not just for Americans but even in India, where I was born and raised, Shobhan is not a very common name. It is a variation on the word “Shobha,” which means beauty. It is pronounced Show-bun like the movie Shogun.
- If you had to sell "THE SARI SHOP WIDOW" to a Hollywood producer, what one sentence would you use?
THE SARI SHOP WIDOW offers all the thrills, colors, tastes, and textures of India - “Bollywood in a Book.”
- Why the title?
Set on the streets of Edison, New Jersey’s Little India, this is the story of a young businesswoman who rediscovers the magic of love, family, and her roots as she fights to save her failing sari boutique, hence the title “THE SARI SHOP WIDOW.”
- What is your favourite spice?
I don’t have one particular favorite, but I like cumin and coriander.
- Did you use it in the book?
I have not used it in this book when I describe cooking, at least not specifically by their name.
- Chicken Korma or Chicken Biryani for you?
I love biryani, so I would go with the chicken biryani.
- Give us a buy-now link for "THE SARI SHOP WIDOW".
Buy THE SARI SHOP WIDOW now at Amazon.com:
View the book trailer on YouTube.com: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9uRlbkxxes
For more information on Shobhan Bantwal’s new and other books and to enter a drawing to win a number of prizes, please go to her website’s “Contests” page and sign up between Sept 1 and Sept 30, 2009 at www.shobhanbantwal.comFull September Virtual Tour Details - http://virtualblogtour.blogspot.com/2009/07/sari-shop-widow-by-shobhan-bantwal.html