NetGalley

Reviews Published

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Confession 1: I am NOT a shopaholic. The idea of spending more than 10 minutes buying something (including groceries, shoes and Prada outfits, but excluding books) is enough to make me break out in dollar-shaped hives.

Confession 2: I loved the book - I'm talking about Sophie Kinsella's "Confessions of a Shopaholic", of course. When I read it, I felt slightly guilty about enjoying it so much, a bit like a health fanatic gulping down Coke and French fries. And I was immensely relieved to find out the author's true identity (ok, so this may be fluff, but the woman can write good books too, LOL).

Confession 3: Having hated the last 10 or so movies I started to watch, like Club Tropicana and Burn After Reading (which should have been titled "Burn Before Watching"), I'm wondering whether what I need is a chick flick. OK, so "Sex and the City" wasn't great, but I enjoyed re-seeing St Elmo's Fire....

Question: Did any of the readers see the movie, and would it be suitable for my 6-year old girl who loved Mamma Mia but wasn't allowed to watch Grease because of its sensuality?

No comments: