NetGalley

Reviews Published

Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Novel I'm Not Allowed To Blog About

Have you ever wondered how books get all those glowing reviews just minutes after they become available on Amazon? It's because some advance copies are sent out to reviewers ahead of time, of course. Simple when you think about it.

Earlier this month, I had the privilege of reading an advanced review copy of SOMEONE ELSE'S LOVE STORY by my favourite author, Joshilyn Jackson.

The upside? It's the best book I read this year (and that's including gems like MEMOIRS OF AN IMAGINARY FRIEND and THE FAULT IN OUR STARS). Possibly the best book I've read since Joshilyn Jackson's previous novel, A GROWN UP KIND OF PRETTY.

The downside? I'm supposed to wait till November before I write the review.

So for now, take my word for it: you want to buy the book. Although it discusses difficult themes, it won't rip out your heart and stomp on it. What it will do, it'll fill you with the beauty of its words and the beauty of its world.

Diarise 19 November 2013 - that's when SOMEONE ELSE'S LOVE STORY comes out.

You can't wait. Trust me.


No comments: