- the heroine's royalties from writing e-books exceed tenfold her royalties from print books;
- an octopus in Germany correctly predicted almost every game in the FIFA World Cup;
- Russia and an unknown country starting with a Q (who can even name a country that starts with a Q?) beat USA and UK in the bid to host the World Cup in 2018 and 2022;
- 33 trapped miners in Chile were rescued from under 700m below ground after months of careful preparations - the miracle was watched on TV around the world;
- but when 29 trapped miners in a coal mine in New Zealand a few months later, no rescue attempt had been made?
Stranger than fiction? Post your "incredible 2010 stories" here.