NetGalley

Reviews Published

Friday, February 06, 2009

Shannon Cooks!


Hey y'all ! Today, I am here to tell you that my aunts are not the only ones who can cook. Yes, they have the restaurant, Tillie's Home Cookin'--IT'S GOOOD! but I like to tinker in the kitchen, too.

So, nuff said.

While you are enjoying Avenging Angel, Kim Smith's cozy mystery about my awful, terrible, no good, very bad week, enjoy some food on me!

MY curry turkey stir fry

Turkey tenderloins, sliced into strips
One red bell pepper
Broccoli
4 tbsp corn starch
1 ¼ cup chicken broth
Curry powder, or use turmeric, ginger or cinnamon, cumin, chili powder, and salt to make your own version
Brown Rice

Cook the turkey in a non stick skillet for approximately 10 mins, or until it is almost done. Add the red bell pepper and broccoli (I used the steam in a bag kind of broccoli so it was already cooked) cook for two mins.

Mix the chicken broth with the curry powder and corn starch. Pour it over the turkey mix and cover and cook on med high heat for about four mins. Longer if your broccoli is not already cooked.

While that cooks, I used the steam in a bag brown rice, and I cook it according to package directions.

Serve the turkey mix over the rice, serve with some pineapple for sweetness and viola!