NetGalley

Reviews Published

Sunday, March 29, 2020

The Giver of Stars

"The Giver of Stars" by Jojo Moyes was written in the author's trademark voice, full of warmth and charm. I confess to sad-crying midway and happy-crying at the end.

I don't read many historicals, and this book is set in the 1930s' Kentucky, so if it weren't for the fact that I really like this author, I probably wouldn't have read it. I'm so glad I did. This book is about women - librarians - who carry books on horseback to the families who can't make the journey into town. It's about friendship and about love and about justice.

Speaking of justice, I'd like to voice my two cents about the question of alleged plagiarism (https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tomiobaro/jojo-moyes-the-giver-of-stars-kim-richardson-bookwoman-of): there is no copyright on a setting, or on ideas.





No comments: