NetGalley

Reviews Published

Saturday, August 03, 2013

Cooking at Midnight

If you’ve seen the movie “Julie and Julia”, you will remember the scene in which Julie Powell is cooking the famous Boeuf Bourguignon in the middle of the night. I can relate to that. My family’s recent schedule is so hectic, I sometimes end up cooking dinner the night before. And I do mean the _night_ before. As in midnight, or two in the morning. The difference between me and Julie Powell? I’m not cooking Boeuf Bourguignon. Far too time consuming! In my desperate drive to be done cooking and catch some sleep, I’ve perfected the art of making lasagne in 10 minutes – ready to eat immediately or to reheat the next day.
Another difference between Julie and me? Nobody’s rushing to make a movie about Yvonne Walus.

No comments: