NetGalley

Reviews Published

Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Grown-Up Kind Of Pretty

What can I say? I love Joshilyn Jackson's work. I fell in love with "gods in Alabama" and have loved every book since. If this makes me sound like a stalker, wait, there's more! Joshilyn once kindly agreed to be interviewed on this blog, and I sent her a list of questions that, had she replied, would have kept her busy for a decade.

So now, A GROWN-UP KIND OF PRETTY, which has it all:
  • lovable characters (how the author made me identify with a teen, a 30-year old ex junkie and a motherly grandmother all at the same time is anybody's guess)
  • Joshilyn's unique addictive voice
  • a plot that keeps you guessing
  • a theme that can break your heart, but lifts it instead.
My only criticism is that it's finished. I wouldn't mind reading it for months and months still.

Thank you, Joshilyn. You're an inspiration.

OK, I'll stop gushing now. Don't want the Stalker Police on my doorstep.

No comments: